Something cool that happened for me this weekend was that Daughtry came to Fort Riley & I won VIP passes to it! Now, I'm not the biggest Daughtry fan but I happened to win the tickets & figured I needed a break from the kids anyway! My friend & fellow TS consultant came with me & she & I had a blast. We even got to keep our chairs!! Free t-shirts & free chairs & a free concert...what more could a Mom ask for?! The guys were awesome too!
Daddy is missing quite a few firsts with our youngest, Squiggs, who is one. She took her first steps when he was here, but now she is full out walking. Squiggs Walking! She's also started to kiss on command, which I've gotta say is the cutest thing ever. Squiggs Kisses!
I just love it when they bite your face! Our girls have been outstanding during this deployment, which makes it easier to handle the days. There are always things that go down in our house though, kids are just crazy. Just today, here's the list of things that happened...
1. Peanut (our 2 year old) sneaks into our 7 year old's room daily to give the fish legos to play with.
2. Peanut is potty training & so she walks around bottomless...usually before 10am she ends up just full out naked.
3. Shanks (our 5 month old lab) decided he didn't like one of the girl's books & so he chewed it up.
4. Peanut decided to go upstairs while I was starting dinner & squirt a cleaner (yay for all natural stuff) ALL OVER our upstairs bathroom. Yup, one task off of my to-do list!
5. Peanut (yes, I believe two year olds should be able to be caged!) decided she wanted to try & fit her HUGE head through a railing in our house. She got stuck, nude, and after 10 min of struggling I had to send my oldest over to our next door neighbor's to have him help get her out!
6. Shanks & Kiara (both dogs) decided they wanted to run laps around the house RIGHT after the girls went down...so yes, they were back up & I had to re-do bedtime.
7. Peanut will get ahold of any writing utensil & give herself tattoos. Nude Peanut = LOTS of tattoos!
|How do I keep my house clean you ask? |
(Disclaimer: No children were actually crated & left alone in there!)